For Week Ending August 15, 2020
Weekly new unemployment insurance claims dropped below one million for the first time since March last week. More than 28 million people are receiving some form of unemployment benefits as of July 25th, which was down more than 3 million from the previous week. Economists are concerned that many of those laid off since the start of COVID-19 may lose their jobs permanently, as some businesses, both large and small, have downsized or closed in recent months. Replacing those lost jobs is likely to be a lengthy process.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 15:
- New Listings increased 6.4% to 1,842
- Pending Sales increased 12.3% to 1,563
- Inventory decreased 30.0% to 9,252
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.6% to $313,000
- Days on Market increased 7.9% to 41
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.5% to 100.1%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 29.6% to 1.9
All comparisons are to 2019
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.